9 Ways To Motivate Your Students This Year!
Sometimes students need a little convincing that the work you are asking them to do is worth it!
1. Explain the bigger picture - why is the skill you are teaching them good or helpful in their lives
2. Involve them - choice when possible is always a winner
3. Trust them - after safety training of course, let them show you they can
(reminder posters of safety tips around the class)
4. Inspire them - remind them of the skills they are learning.
(adult skills > how to cook for yourself)
5. Appreciate them - praise and positive feedback
Positive Post It's - food themed
6. Reward - something they can feel, tangible
(eating food, make a garment or decoration)
7. Challenge - games, races, competition
8. Celebrate - small goals during the bigger project
(made icing > will eventually make and cake and decorate it)
9. Deliver Information - how have they progressed, what do they still need to work toward
Adapeted from ACS Careers